Financial Technology Sector | Q2 2021 | M&A Review

This quarter saw 164 M&A transactions in the FinTech sector, of which we are highlighting 70 in this report. The overall volume of deals has continued its steady increase and has now recovered back to pre-Covid-19 levels. Valuations were strong with revenue multiples averaging at 6.8x and going up to around 25.0x revenue.
In terms of deal types, 43% of the identified transactions were cross-border, the remaining 57% taking place domestically.
The most active regions in terms of M&A in the FinTech space continue to be the US and Europe (predominantly the UK, Germany and Netherlands), followed by Asia-Pacific.

Cover Q2

FinTech Q2 2021